Tuesday, January 1, 2013

En arche en ho logo

And the word was "WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?"

So here's the start of my 90 day Total Body Transformation (well I guess it's tomorrow since tonight I'm writing this and enjoying some Baileys).

One of the things I learned from work is being S.M.A.R.T. with goal writing (yes, my job can actually be applicable to the rest of my life).  Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant Time-bound.  So going forward with that:

Goal: I want to be able to juke past blockers on my third and fourth hard fought pass through the pack when I'm jamming.
Current state: I'm normally so spent by this point all I have is "don't stop skating" and "keep moving forward".
Action plan: Increase agility, strength, and endurance.  Use UFC Trainer, Your Shape Fitness Evolved, and Biggest Loser Extreme Workout on my Xbox (yes, I'm a nerd), as well as Monday/Wednesday/Thursday practices.

Goal: Be more productive throughout the afternoon at work.
Current state: After lunch, I'm in a slump.  I lack the energy to stay well focused.
Action plan: Eat well and eat correctly.  Focus on food that will fuel and nourish my body through the day.  Feed myself for better mental performance.  Join a CSA.

I'm hoping I can trick myself into sticking with this by tying the big picture things (work out consistently, eat healthier) to the nitty gritty shit that impacts my daily life.  So here's to 2013 and starting it off with a new adventure.

Frida's post (http://90daytbt.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/so-you-want-a-total-body-transformation/) has all the rules and corresponding links if the crazy is contagious.

1 comment:

  1. We do "SMRT" goals at work. I guess ours don't have to be attainable. ;)

    ReplyDelete